Sunday, February 9, 2014

My newly cleaned desk.

Did a little organizing and WOW, it feels so empty. I am so use to letting my desk get full of my random projects and it's not helped by my nosy kitties who love to clear off their own spaces. But, maybe they were trying to tell me something... xD

Speaking of kitties: My little guy has grown up so fast! But, he's grown up to be a beautiful guy. His eyes have even turned orange and he has stayed just as friendly and cuddly as ever. He was a spontaneous pick up and one of my best decisions.

So here is the thing about my phone: I need to get off of Verizon. They are slowly draining me of all my cash. I am still using the iphone4s and it's been good to me. I am looking to update but I am in a predicament. Do I stay with an Apple or move over to Samsung? I really use my phone for photos and social media. The Samsung Galaxy 4 looks amazing, but I can't get over the size. I think I am one of the few who prefer a small screen and a more compact phone, like the iphone. Any suggestions?

As for the funny story: That's a picture of my dad and I. Yes, that is blood on my white teddy bear dress. How did this happen you ask? My father took me to the park and apparently I got a little scared on the sliding board. I completely flipped off the top. I ended up with 4 stitches in my head, but my parents decided to snag this shot before getting cleaned up.

Who's parents take you home first to grab a picture before going to a hospital!? Right? :p

My parents would take 100 million photos growing up and I am so glad they did. My father passed away about 5 years ago and this picture of him I, I hold dear. As for this particular picture, I can look back on it and laugh about how my mom would always poke fun of my dad for always seemingly getting me hurt under his watch. My dad was the best! I always had fun with him and if it wasn't for him I'd never be such a tough girl. :)

30 comments:

  1. That picture is seriously hilarious! Your dad's just smiling like nothings up. XD
    I'm sorry for your loss, it does sound like you got to experience some awesome parents!

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have much to offer in the way of phone upgrades. I'm upgrading to a smartphone for the first time this month (I know...I'm sooooo far behind hahaha), and I'm going to upgrade to the iPhone 4s because it's a $0.99 upgrade for me. My sister made the switch from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy and said she'd never go back...so maybe that helps? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! It's tough. I hear pros and cons for both! The iphone4s has been amazing for me. It was my first smart phone as well! :) So, you aren't to far behind. Thanks for the comment! It'll be addicting once you get it!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I wish my desk could stay clean like this! And I didn't notice that was blood till I read your story! So much is captured in just one photo.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They are great to look back on. Trust me, it probably wont stay this clean.

      Delete
  5. Your desk is so neat! Even when mine is organized I have soooo much stuff on it, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I use too... it'll get messy again sooner or later. Hopefully later..

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh. That photo is too hilarious. And I really need to organize my desk area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat's just don't like messy desk I swear!

      Delete
  7. That picture is funny! AND a great conversation starter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, sorry for your loss. :( Anyway, this story was really funny! I really love this post!

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture is super adorable! I need to clean mine as well, thanks for reminding me haha.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the feeling of a clean desk. Although, since my desk is next to my bf's, his junk always finds it's way onto my desk if it's clean.

    I love your dad's smile in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Oh and I know the bf situation. My boyfriends been using our kitchen table though! :( haha

      Delete
  11. very nice! i need to invest in a new desk. mine wobbles everywhere haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thrift stores all the way! $20 and it's very sturdy. I have been thinking about refinishing it too!

      Delete
  12. Aawww, haha, or you can always tell people you wrestled with a bear as a kid. Also, very cute keyboard. :3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice I love it! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pink keyboard is just adorable! And that photo is priceless. As s kid I got stuck by my shorts hanging upside down climbing a fence and the first thing my mom did was say she wish she had a camera haha

    Kirsten Ann Photography

    ReplyDelete
  15. The story about the picture of you and your dad is hilarious! It's great that you have so many memories to cherish forever since they are captured on film. Even if some are a little bloody; haha. That's amazing <3
    -Jessi
    www.confessionsofacollegejournalist.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. the bloody pic story sounds like a creepy tarantino script. i really like your style!

    ReplyDelete